Sunday, October 30, 2011

Campo Immersion - Day 6

September 23, 2011

Today I was with the flooring group and we laid a floor for a woman and put yellow coloring with it so she got a yellow floor! It was really cool. Herman who is in charge of most of the flooring is literally the sweetest man ever. He is so patient with us and really wants us to learn how to do the floors by ourselves so he gives us a lot of room to do work. The woman who we laid the floor for also gave us tons of oranges while we were taking breaks and they were heavenly. I’m going to miss these oranges when we get back to ILAC.


Herman teaching Nat and me how to smooth the floor
 I have been speaking more Spanish with my mom and my brother-in-law and my nieces and nephews. It’s hard but the more I speak and understand I get more confidence. Even if I don’t understand completely I can usually get the jest of it because of context clues. My niece Vivi comes over in the evenings to draw with me in my journal. She draws a stick figure and tells me that person’s name and I spell it out for her as she writes it down. She drew her family and added me in the picture. It was really cute. She drew my family at home too because she wanted to know who was all in my family. It made me miss my mom, dad, sister and brother. Tomorrow night we’re having a fiesta with games and dancing and singing so I’m really looking forward to that!


Mithra and Kailee smoothing while Herman adds the color

-Chelsea Schnitzler





No comments:

Post a Comment