Sunday, October 30, 2011

Campo Immersion - Day 3

20 de septiembre

Today I woke up refreshed and ready to go. After breakfast Shelby, Max and I headed with Lingo to continue working on one of the letrinas from yesterday. Since we did not have a lot to do and it was raining, we played and danced with the children while we took cover in Blah’s house.
                                                        Shelby, Max and me with "Blah" 
During lunch siesta, Cecila, Lindsey, Shelby and I went back to my house. We all sat down to play dominoes while my sister was sewing a shoe holder for her daughter, Dioelly.

After lunch we finished Blah’s letrina! Took some photo ops with it and Shelby also go to take a ride on a burro. J  After that we headed off to the comedor. We played dominoes again and took pictures with all the little kids as we waited for dinner.
We all fit!
After dinner, my mom came back to pick me up for dinner. When we got back to my house, we had a little fiesta of our own.  My mom, dad, and sister-in-law taught me the Bachata and Merengue.  Hoping by the end of the semester I will be able to master these two dances.

- Sarah Rubbelke

No comments:

Post a Comment